Pan Cape Breton Food Hub Co-op
Office Administrator Job Description
Overview: The Pan Cape Breton Food Hub Co-op is an emerging non-profit organization that creates a linkage between food producers and consumers in Cape Breton by providing an on-line marketplace.
Our Vision: A healthy food economy that supports a growing diversity of producers and consumers on Cape Breton Island.
Our Mission: The Pan Cape Breton Food Hub Co-op Ltd. provides a distribution linkage between local food producers and consumers, creating a more sustainable food system by increasing the viability of local producers while improving access to high quality local food.
Responsibilities: The Office Administrator will provide administrative supports to ensure that the Food Hub operations and staff are supported adequately. This position will require a high degree of organization and the ability to work on numerous tasks.
· Maintaining excellent communication with co-op members, the general public, staff and volunteers.
· Provide support to consumer members, volunteers and staff.
· Basic work with software including ordering management system, and quality control reports.
· Day-to-day office tasks such as filing, organizing, record-keeping, paperwork, etc.
· Basic bookkeeping: invoicing, accounts payable/receivable, etc.
· Assisting with data for media releases, advertising and newsletters.
· Some travel required.
· Other duties as required.
· Over 2 years experience in office administration.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point and Google Docs.
· Basic Bookkeeping skills.
· Basic Proficiency in on-line software applications, email and mailing software such as MailChimp.
· Demonstrated passion for and understanding of the local food economy.
· Experience working in the non-profit or startup sector.
· Exceptional ability to organize and multi-task.
· Reliable transportation required.
· Training in specific areas will be provided.
Location: One day per week in Baddeck office, other days in CBRM office.
Compensation: $16 per hour, 25 hours per week. Free Food Hub Membership provided.
Please Submit your resume by August 20th, 2018 to email@example.com. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.