Pan Cape Breton Food Hub Co-op
Office Administrator Job Description
Overview: The Pan Cape Breton Food Hub Co-op is an emerging non-profit organization that creates a linkage between food producers and consumers in Cape Breton by providing an on-line marketplace.
Our Vision: A healthy food economy that supports a growing diversity of producers on the land and the sea on Cape Breton Island.
Our Mission: The Pan Cape Breton Food Hub Co-operative Ltd. will provide the leadership to ensure a responsive, efficient distribution linkage between local food producers and consumers at all levels. This will create a more sustainable food system and will increase the number of producers and their profitability and viability while improving access to high quality local food across the region.
Responsibilities: The Office Administrator will provide administrative supports to ensure that the Food Hub operations and staff are supported adequately. This position will require a high degree of organization and the ability to work on numerous tasks involving communication, day-to-day operations, filing and record keeping, basic bookkeeping, logistics, coordinating personnel, etc.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Maintaining excellent communication with co-op members, the general public, staff and volunteers.
· Provide support to consumer members, volunteers and staff.
· Quality control reports and procedures.
· Basic work with software ordering management system.
· Day-to-day office tasks such as filing, organizing tasks, meetings and calendars for senior staff, record-keeping, etc.
· Basic bookkeeping, invoicing, accounts payable, payroll.
· Writing as required for media releases, advertising and newsletters.
· Ensuring that procedures are being followed in operations.
· Training volunteers and new staff in operational procedures.
· Special projects and events organizing as needed.
· Some travel required.
· Other duties as required.
· Over 5 years experience in office administration.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point and Google Docs.
· Basic Proficiency in on-line software applications, email and mailing software such as MailChimp.
· Demonstrated passion for and understanding of the local food economy.
· Basic Bookkeeping skills.
· Experience managing volunteers and staff.
· Experience working in the non-profit sector.
· Exceptional ability to organize and multi-task.
· Exceptional problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
· Reliable transportation required.
· Training in specific areas will be provided.
Location: One day per week in Baddeck office, other days in Sydney office.
Compensation: $16 per hour, 20 hours per week start to May 1st, 37.5 hours per week May 1st to December 31st, 2018. Free Food Hub Membership provided, fun work environment and opportunities for professional development.
Please Submit your resume by March 27th, 2018 to email@example.com. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.